LAZY GIRL MAKEUP HACKS














Hi Everyone! 

It's been awhile. I've missed you guys so much. Between school, work, booking way too many photography gigs and prepping for our vacay (stay tuned)  it's been a crazy, busy December, but I'm back and ready for action. Kicking it into full gear with a few lazy girl makeup hacks I've learned over the years. I'll be honest, I love makeup but don't want to buy a lot of it. I also can't stand taking it off at the end of the night. So I've picked up a few tricks along the way that make makeup a not so bad process, keep money in my pocket and get makeup off my face quicker so I can have time to do what I really love, sleep, eat, and shop, LOL. Let's get it started.

NO BLUSH, NO PROBLEM
I love blush, it's one of my fave to wear. In fact, my sis and I went through this blush crazy period back in college. Looking back at every college pic our cheeks were excessively rosy. Hence the nickname I was given from my church family "babydoll", I'll save that story for another day though. In any case, we kind of took this blush business overboard. Confession, I still go overboard sometimes, which means I run out of blush frequently. When I run out, and I'm to lazy to go to Target and get more, I use a dab of redish or dark pinkish colored lipstick. I get the rosy cheek results and save money. 

TAKE IT OFF WITH OIL
Some make-up is for all day wear, meaning it might be a beast to take off. I use a thick emollient oil to take heavy eye make-up off, and when I lay my lipstick on thick, which is like 99.99% of the time. If your wondering, I use pure vitamin E oil or coconut oil. It's great for skin and hair. 

KEEP IT SIMPLE
I don't usually wear a full face, only on special occasions. That being said, I have only three face brushes. A full face brush, eyeshadow brush and eyebrow brush. For me, it's pretty much all I need. Anything beyond that and it' won't fit in my tiny makeup bag. The key to brushes (in my opinion) is buy quality brushes that make sense for your lifestyle. You get what you pay for, so splurge on the brushes you need and try to buy a brush that can do it all or most so you won't have to lug around multiple brushes. If you travel a lot, like me, less is best. Speaking of brushes, if your on the hunt for some makeup brushes, I suggest checking out this amazing review guide. I think you might find it helpful. 

FROM SHADOWS TO BRONZER
While the it's not the same as bronzer, it gets the job done when you don't have any bronzer on hand. Take a nice neutral but shimmery shadow you have on deck and apply as bronzer. I'm chocolate skin so most of the time I'm using a bronzy, coppery, goldish colored shadow as a bronzer replacement. 

NO LIPPY, NO PROBLEM 
I'm the queen of mixing lip colors and pencils. Sometimes I buy really bright bold colors for my lips. To tone it down I mixed with other darker colors in that family and use a lip pencil or another lipstick color to do so. You'll have to do some testing as I always come out with different colors every time. 

LETS GET GLOSSY
When I want to look like the ultimate diva I add full shine to my lips, but instead of buying a glossy lipstick, I add a dab of vitamin E oil, coconut oil or Vaseline to my lips and smooth over my lips after lipstick is applied. This is a great way to get that glossy look without having to buy a glossy lipstick. 

NO TO EYEBROW PENCILS
I NEVER buy brow pencils, especially if I already have a brown or black liner in my makeup bag. Natural colored liners will do the trick, and using this will be one less thing you have to carry in your makeup bag. Less is best in my case. 

Hope my makeup tips are helpful. Stay tuned for the first post on our vacation adventures. So excited to share all the deets.

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Sincerely, 


Deidra Marie

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra