LIVE


Colorful mural in the Raleigh warehouse district
Yup, I skip down sidewalks











Downtown never fails to surprise in all their unexpected locations to shoot. While i'm not a native Raleighian, if that's even a word, I do take a certain amount of pride in my city and all it has to offer. The city has so many random locations that I believe have been rejected, overlooked and of course not well taken care of but there is so much beauty in the things people throw away. My mom and I just walked the city streets being inspired block by block. I was like a kid in a candy store.


I saw so many abandoned buildings and wanted to get into a time machine and go back for a second and see what these buildings once were. Seeing the street art drew my imagination to places it hasn't been in years. And clearly, from the pictures, you see I was inspired to bring out my inner child. I suggest everyone skip around the city streets randomly for no apparent reason at all. LOL, it's freeing. While the signs of most of the abandon buildings read DANGER! NO TRESPASSING! I often wonder what these buildings were. Old factories? Clothing stores? Old space for art galleries? Businesses that tanked? There are so many untold stories about this city that I want to dig a little deeper to investigate and figure it out. I want to know all about colored walls, the broken glass windows, the graffiti, the buildings, everything!

I want to revisit this area and explore some more when I'm not held down by the parking meter and all it's evil ticketers pacing the city streets for violators. Yes, I know, after 5 parking is free, but by then the sun would have clocked out for the day and I would not be able to capture the light that beams down on these mysterious buildings and broken windows. Call me hyperbolic but being in these locations I become apart, immersed in all it's attractions and my justification; I was an English major so I have a unique appreciation for beauty and my emotions take over from there. I propose you walk your city streets, explore, feel, be inspired, inspire, be apart, put your phone down and connect and most of all, LIVE!

Till next time.

Sincerely,

Deidra Marie

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra