FRIDAY BREW: OYIN HANDMADE BOING! PRODUCT REVIEW


Today on the Friday Brew, I'm sipping on a hot cup of Zen unsweetened green tea with a hint of lemongrass and spearmint by Tazo and discussing my product review for Oyin Handmade Boing! 

This product is a pretty decent styler that packs a lot of punch. This is one of the very few products I've tried where a little actual does go a long ways. This is a fairly heavy cream jam packed with amazing ingredients that will keep your style soft and long lasting so if your hair does not respond well to heavy creams, I would not recommend this product. My hair tends to do okay with heavy creams but my strands are so delicate that I try to use way less than a dime size amount per section so my hair does not get weighed down. I have a love hate relationship with creams like this because they provide maximum moisture but are so heavy that you have to use shampoo on your next wash day. I wash my hair with shampoo about once or twice a month so I try to go easy on the styling products to avoid excessive build-up. I still have not found that happy balance between full voluminous curls and maximum moisture. This product did wonders for my corkscrew coils in the back of my head, but did nothing for the curly-wavy pattern I have going on at the front of my head. It left the curls in the front feeling dry and hard. I have about 3 different curl patterns in my head so the front requires a bit more TLC and behaves a little better with light-weight leave in conditioners and a bit of oil. I may purchase again but I'd like to see what else is out there. 

Pros

  • Leaves hair feeling soft and moisturized
  • Smells delicious, like cake or candy
  • Great for long lasting styles
  • Accessible, you can find this product at many Target stores
  • Reasonably priced
  • A little goes a long ways
  • Provides amazing curl and coil definition
Cons
  • Very heavy cream, not ideal for fine hair
  • Has preservatives
  • May have to shampoo your hair on wash day to avoid excessive product build-up 
  • May leave hair hard and dry feeling
Overall Rating

        8.5

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra