LIPSTICK AND COILS












I always use to bypass the lipstick isle and head straight for the Target hair products and of course my fav Rimmel London eyeliner. The thought of wearing lipstick was a bit dreadful to me until I made a random trip to the Mac cosmetics shop in the mall one day. The sales lady asked if I was interested in any lipsticks and I told her immediately that my lips were way to big for lipstick. She gave me a confused face, wooed me over to the lipstick bar and said "big lips are what lipstick is made for." At first I was a bit concerned by her statement as I had conditioned myself to think that drawing to much attention to these lips with reds and pinks would be a fashion no no. In fact, I had convinced myself that I would look like a complete clown if I dare place any color to the most distinct feature on my face. The sales lady picked out a few colors, worked some magic with a subtle lip liner, taught me how to apply and blend appropriately and fast forward to now and I'm the proud owner of over 7 different lippies which I now use in rotation regularly. This goes to show that with the right sales person you can find what works for you and develop another shopping habit, LOL. 

I'm currently obsessing over the Maybeline lippies at Target. I have 3 colors now that I can't get enough of. They are also great colors for the spring. I've linked all three at the top for you. It pays to venture out. Aside from learning to be comfortable with lipstick, I've also learned to just be comfortable with myself and my full lips. It really took a long time to get to this point and who would of thought lipstick would help me on my journey. Who knows, maybe I'll color my hair next. As for the hair situation, I was rocking a 2 day old twist-out. It was frizzy and big because I opted to use very little product this time around but I made it work and did a half up half down style which I'm so loving these days. 

Hope everyone had a great week!

Sincerely, 

Deidra Marie 

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra