THRIFTED FINDS PART II













A major reality just hit when I had to pay for my school books last week. I held off as long as I could but then just recently started getting some homework assignments that required me to read some chapters from the books for class :( 

Anyway, starting off this week with another vintage find from one of my favorite thrift shops, Thrift 2 Gift. I hit it big on my last visit. They always have dollar deals on Friday's and BOGO dresses. I ended up getting 8 pieces for $8 dollars. The top I'm wearing in this post is one of the 8 pieces. Like most of my multi-colored tops, I like to keep it simple with my other pieces. I've talked to so many people who have said they are terrified to color block or wear bright colors, and many just don't know how to wear bright colors and style them, so I'm sharing my 5 tips for color blocking and how to wear bright colors today. 

OPT FOR A SOLID COLOR ON BOTTOM
Bright colors can be a bit overwhemling for many people, especially if you're wearing a piece that has multiple bright colors on top, like mine. To tone it down, wear a neutral on bottom. For this look, I decided to do white. White goes with everything and is seasons less. I know, you may think you can't wear white after labor day but YOU CAN. Who came up with that silly rule anyways?

OPT FOR A SOLID COLOR ON TOP
I don't often wear bright colors on bottom but do own a few bright bottom pieces. They are a bit much for my fuller bottom so I typically wear a solid top or a solid top with a solid layer like a blazer or jacket. 

OPT FOR SOLID COLORED SHOES
If you're going all in, and you decide you want to wear colors on top and bottom, which sometimes I do, depending on how I feel, opt to wear a solid shoe to tone things down. Some great shoe colors that go with just about any color are, black, nude, white,  and copper or rose gold, gold, silver or metallic. 

MIX AND MATCH COLORS THAT MAKE SENSE
Some colors really just don't go together or least in my mind I don't think they go together. Confused on how to color block? Try these color combos for a cute outfit and a fun night on the town:

Green and Pink
Blue and Pink
Orange and Blue
Red and Blue
Purple and Pink
Orange and Pink
Purple and Blue
Red and Yellow
Pink and Yellow
Yellow and Orange

TRY COLORED ACCESSORIES 
Not brave enough for colored bottoms or multi-colored tops. Work your way up to it with some fun colored accessories. I often do an all white dress or all black outfit and let my accessories do the talking. Sometimes all you need is one good statement hat, earrings or shoes to get the job done. 

Hope these color tips work for you! Happy Monday!

Sincerely, 

Deidra Marie

Comments

nataLie said…
wow. that top is so pretty! you're so fashionable.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra