COLOR FEELS














Never did like the color red. It was just never my color. Didn't know how to wear it, style it and the color was honestly a bit intimidating, but I can now say I own two red dresses, a red blazer and several red lipsticks. Why oh why do I do this to myself, LOL. It literally is one of those colors you can't hate completely. This color makes me feel beautiful, powerful, confident and independent. With all of that said, it really is hard to hate this color and hard not purchase a few thrifted dresses in this color. In case I haven't told you, I dress according to mood. This includes color selection. Thought I'd share this post on what colors mean to me and how they make me feel. Now, this is top secret information so don't go sharing this with the whole world, LOL. 

RED
I wear this color when I'm feeling SUPER confident. This is also my go to color for a romantic night out on the town. This was one of the colors for my wedding. It is also one of the colors for Charlie's fraternity. This color holds a lot of meaning but it took awhile for me to feel comfortable wearing it. Just know, if I'm wearing red, I'm feeling like I can conquer the world. 

ORANGE
Ahh, this color is another color that simply had to grow on me. It is strong, bold and out there. I more often than not wear this color when I feeling random. You'll never see it coming when I decide to wear this color, but when I do, it's because I'm feeling adventurous, unpredictable, spontaneous, and youthful. Orange makes me feel young and free. 

YELLOW
I rarely wear this color, not because I don't like it but because there are certain shades of yellow that don't do me any justice. I love a good mustard yellow. You'll often see me rock that color in the fall. It gives me the warm and fuzzies and I feel like I should be in England somewhere drinking a spot of tea. I don't know why but that's how it makes me feel. LOL. 

GREEN
If you know me you know that this is my favorite color! This color makes me feel hopeful. It represents new beginnings and I always wear this when I'm feeling like it's time for a fresh start, a shift, or a transition. I wear this when things change, when I feel revelation or an epiphany coming. I wear this when I'm wanting to start fresh. I wear this color often. It brings life, hope, and renewal. 

BLUE/NAVY
Believe it or not, blue is a staple in my closet. I wear this color with everything. Blue jeans are clearly a given but I wear it often for work. This color makes me feel mature, practical and realistic. When I don't feel like standing out in the crowd I wear blue. It's one of those colors that you can't go wrong wearing. I wear it to big meetings at work, formal church events and it's definitely a go to for weddings. 

PURPLE 
I can honestly say I don't wear this color often. I forget about this color a lot. When I go thrifting at the Goodwill I pass the purple section up. I do own a few pieces in this color and can honestly say the few pieces I've worn in this color have been for funerals. More recently the funeral of my grandmother who passed away last Christmas eve. This color does make me sad sometimes as it was her favorite color. When I wear it, I think of her. It is a reminder of her life and what she meant to me. 

NEUTRALS (WHITES, BLACKS, TANS)
I wear these ALL. THE. TIME. These colors are my safety colors. When in doubt, wear these colors. These colors make me feel in control. You can't go wrong when you're wearing these colors. Well except for white, this can be stained but these colors for the most part make me feel like I have a handle on things, like I have my stuff together and I know what I'm doing.

How do colors make you feel? Curious to know if anything I've said aligns with you. 

Have a good week!

Sincerely, 

Deidra Craig 

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra