BARBADOS




























And now for the second to last island on our May visit, the beautiful, breathtaking, Barbados. This island was particularly special because my father's side of the family is from here. As a child, I've always wanted to see what this place looked like. While I don't know any of my family here and this is my first visit to this island, I did feel a special connection to this place and honestly felt right at home. We had an amazing tour guide although I have to be honest, I can't for the life of me remember that dudes name, but he was very nice and took us all around the island. He let us get out and explore the oldest church on the island. There is so much rich history tucked away on this island, and he went into serious detail about the cattle export with the English, slave trade, housing in Barbados, and so much more, he even showed us Rhianna's old stomping grounds, the house she grew up in, and the decked out condo she owns on the other side of the island now. Just in case you are wondering, I did not see Rhianna, LOL. To complete our tour, we relaxed on one of the amazing beaches just outside the city. The water was AMAZING! Charles and I took the jet ski's out for a spin and got as much sun as possible. I then found a comfy spot on the beach and began to jot down all the reasons why I should purchase a property in Barbados, none of my reasons changed the fact that I literally have no money to do so, LOL, but the thought of it was nice. This is definitely one island Charles and I plan on flying to in the future for sure. 

The black maxi dress I'm wearing is from Loveculture a few years ago, but I've placed a link up top for you to browse some similar Maxi's, courtesy of Forever21. I got the sunnies from a souvenir shop in Antigua. 

Have a great week!

Sincerely, 

Deidra Craig 

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra