OFF THE SHOULDER TOP AND DARK FLARED DENIM











While it is entirely to hot to be wearing denim at this time in NC, I DID IT. Sue me! I found this denim nestled away in the back of my closet and couldn't resist styling and profiling in it for the day. Yes, it was sticking to me, but I was cute, LOL. We have casual Friday's at my place of employment, and this outfit would be one I'd wear on a casual Friday as the denim is dark and still professional and the top is flirty, fun, but still office appropriate. In all honesty, most of the time my shopping habits are tailored to work. Meaning, when I shop, I more than likely won't buy it unless I can wear it to work. Every now and then I'll buy pieces I clearly can't wear to work, but for the most part I'm shopping for a professional setting as that is where I'm at in life right now. I know, it doesn't sound fun, and I totally want to buy some distressed denim shorts this summer, but I'd only be able to wear them on the weekends, and it would be on a Saturday as Sunday I dress business casual for church. 

But, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. If you are like me, and your going to shop only work appropriate clothing, you want to make it fun, youthful, and trendy. Here are some outfit ideas I use often, courtesy of Pinterest, on mixing and matching some of the pieces I'm wearing in this blogpost. 

- Pair denim with a light weight tank and light weigh blazer
- Pair the denim with a tank and cardigan set
- Pair the denim with a simple tee and printed scarf
- Switch out the denim for a Khaki short and blazer 

I try to make work clothes fun yet still professional. Hope these ideas help and hope your  Father's Day was awesome!

Happy Monday everyone!

Sincerely, 

Deidra Marie 

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra