THAT 70's FEEL



If you're following me on IG, you know I shared a pretty hilarious story about my wardrobe. Long story short, about one year I was invited to a 70’s themed b-day party and a group of those invited went shopping for some costumes for the party. I was invited to shop but respectfully declined when I realized I owned 70’s clothing (everyday wear might I add) for the party. At the party, they asked what costume store I got my clothes from. This is clear evidence I should have been born in the 70's. Looking on the bright side of things, I never have to come out of pocket for any decade themed parties.I just dress according to mood, and most of the time I'm feeling the 60's and 70's vibes. The short shorts and mini skirts, big hair and platforms are my thing! I'm no trendsetter, and I'm not really sure what's in right now. I just buy what I like and that's it....

Keep reading babe...I'm not finish with you yet....scroll, scroll, scroll on down the page....











On that note, I've love these cute high rise shorts on sale at Gap. I've linked them above. By the way, Gap is having an amazing 50% off sale if you're wondering. The orange wedges are from K&G (similar style linked above) and the green and white polo are from a random thrift pop up shop I discovered at the Southern Women's Show. If you're new to thrifting, here's some advice, know that thrifting is never a planned thing, I pass through little rural towns all the time, and if I see a random consignment or thrift shop off the side of the road, I pop in and usually get lucky. This is literally how thrifting works; you find rare items that have amazing stories to them; you wear them and make it your own and when your done with it, you give it away to someone else who can make amazing stories with it. As I've talked about before in previous post, I made a decision a long time ago to thrift and shop vintage to reduce my purchases on fast fashion. I want to support thrift shops who harbor thousands and thousands of donated items they can't get rid of. Recycled fashion reduces waste and reduces the amount of items being stored at thrift stores that quite frankly, many thrift stores simply don't have the time to sift through. Now don't get me wrong, I shop full price or new items every now and then  (i.e. my denim shorts) but most of the time, I opt to shop thrift because purchases like this, keep waste down and in the long run, support our Earth. 

Thrifting has been a fun journey for me because I love the thrill of shopping and enjoy finding things that are rare and unique. Most importantly, I love sharing the different ways I mix my old with my new. This is the way I express myself and share my tips and tricks with you. 

I'm hope to continue to inspire you and encourage you to express yourself through threads and fabrics, and appreciate you for following along on my journey. 

Sincerely, 

Deidra Marie

Comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @sincerelydeidra